Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Crimson and clover


Let me start out this post by saying YAY FOR VALENTINES DAY!!!! I had a spectacular Valentines day my peeps. just spectacular. I woke up and went to the gym and did 1.5 exercise classes. My friend Sarah was in town and we took a spinning class and then a weight lifting class with the worlds most annoying instructor. This instructor had the WORST music, a wardrobe change and a HIS midriff was showing. We stuck through about 5 songs and then Nickleback came on and I had to bail. The last thing I want to do on valentines day are bicep curls to a techno version of "Photograph" yeeeck. So after the workout I met up with some girlfriends to see the movie Valentines day. The movie was super cute. Don't believe all the terrible reviews. But be sure to wear your rose colored glasses:)

On a side note, it is 2010 and I was under the impression that everyone now knows that it completely inappropriate to talk on your cell phone, hump your boyfriend, and clap during a movie. Seriously. The people next to me were all but fornicating and I was super grossed out. Lots of little giggles and what not. Get a freaking room and keep your nasty fake finger nailed paws out of your "boyfriends" pants. I think we bumped elbows once and I yelled "no means no" in an instant reaction. If that wasn't bad enough the people behind me were talking for a solid five minutes right smack in the middle of the movie about what time to meet at BW3's. That cant wait? Trust me this chick didn't need to eat any more chicken wings. I am just sayin is all I'm sayin.

So after the movie I buckled and ordered a heart shaped pizza. How could I resist! Pizza? LOVE IT. Food in fun shapes? LOVE IT. Love themes? LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I get the pizza from Papa Murphy's the take and bake place. I get home and the pizza doesn't fit into my tiny little oven!!! I have to smush the heart and it burned a bit on the edges. Is this some sort of metaphor for my own heart? Too big you say! Alright I will take it! The pizza was worth every single calorie. I took a big chunk out of that thing and gave the rest to a homeless man on the street. Giving half your heart to the needy. Really I am a saint. hahahahah.

In other news I am going to Charlotte this weekend to visit my cousin Betsy. It's going to be so fun and we are going to a Black Eyed Peas concert. I will do my best not to yell out "Fergie is a DUDE" Maybe I will meet a nice southern gent named Goeffrey and we will fall in love and I will legally change my name to Margo and we will play polo and laugh all day long and drink mint juleps. I will say things like "I DO declare!!! Why however did the mallard figurine end up in the sitting room. Everyone knows it belongs in the study. What will my Junior League sisters think of me now. Geoffry Let's go we are going to be late for dinner at Paula Deans house. "

My goal this weekend is to keep my drinking under control. Which reminds me my worst fears may be coming true.....I think my dad has been reading this blog. There can only be one culprit who gave him the address. you know who you are. I will get you! Sleep with one eye open or the lawnmower gets it! My suspicion comes from a conversation I had with good ole Bruce that went like this:

Friday Night 6:00

Dad: Hey action Jackson! what's my favorite girl up to?
J: Oh not much just going to meet a friend for dinner.
Dad: Oh that sounds just splendid where are you going?
J: Not sure but there is a restaurant down the street that is running some sort of promo for valentines day with free drinks!
Dad: Are you sure that's a good idea? You know how you get when you drink (chuckle chuckle)
J: (mortified Silence) Um ya hahah well you know just having a wine spritzer to relax after a long week. So how about those winter Olympics! PRETTY CRAZZZZZZZY.


NO DAD you don't know how I get when I drink because I don't typically drink around you. And if I do the worst thing that happens is I get an entire wedding pumped about the song MONY MONY and that might possibly be the most awesome drunken moment ever!!! Thus you MUST be reading my blog which is not meant for my fathers eyes!!!!! I am going to have to start heavily editing this thing. I will also take this moment to Plug Tommy James' (writer or Mony Mony among many other incredible songs) new autobiography. I was listening to NPR last night and they interviewed him and his life sounds amazing. Not a shock. The book is called "Me the Mob and the Music" if anyone wants to buy me a copy feel free:) It seriously looks awesome!


http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Me-the-Mob-and-the-Music/Tommy-James/e/9781439128657

In other news there are two potential new love interests. They are not developed enough to actually get some real blog time but I am just now planting the seeds. I will def keep you posted if this goes anywhere.


I have also realized I am running out of time to find a date for this balloon ride. I might just have to step it up to turbo date mode.

Till next time.......

4 comments:

Getch said...

Love the SATC Bunny quote...actually, I love any quote about mallards.

Unknown said...

ok..you have made my night..i want to go to nauth carolina....

Emily said...

This is Emily, just so you know who's stalking you. I am enjoying catching up on your recent exploits.

michael_endress said...

haha, hilarious pizza metaphor. I can't eat heart shaped pizza because it reminds me of how bad it is for you.