
My favorite thing about Charlotte NC besides my cousin Betsy is HANDS DOWN a fast food chain called Bojangles Chicken N Biscuits. Jesus H Christ they have the best sweet tea my lips have ever touched. It’s as if God him self rolled the biscuits out and gave them a little kiss before handing it to me in a little bag. I am so glad they don’t have them up here in Milwaukee because I would never stick to my strict eating regime of lettuce and ice chips. But I do crave those bo-tatoes in the night! I am toying with the idea of writing a letter to the CEO to see if he will go on the hot air balloon ride with me. We could have a little Bojangles picnic first. What do you think?
Charlotte was a success I would have to say. Great company, obviously great food, and great times. The Black Eyes Peas concert was super fun even though our seats were high enough for my head to hit the ceiling. I was sitting next to Betsy and a 40 something English woman who had clearly dragged her sig fig (significant other) to join her. He looked like he was at a Yanni concert but she was loving it. I even gave her a little arm around the shoulder during a moving live performance of Big Girls Don’t Cry. I am sure I can get an AMEN! When I say that the lyric “I’m gonna miss you like a child misses it’s blanket” is quite possibly the worst lyric ever written. That song always makes me think of LC from the Hills. I am ashamed that I can clearly remember an episode where some douche lord cheated on her or something and she cries one big mascara soaked alligator tear while they played that song. I vow to never watch that show again. Even I have my limits. Sorry I got off topic there. The rest of Charlotte was nice and relaxing. The weather was awesome and we hung out outside for most of the day sat.
I also had high hopes that I might meet a striking young hottie while at the airport. Why does this always happen in the movies and never in real life? I even put some makeup on before my flight just in case. Nope nada. Although I suppose this is a blessing in disguise. Airports are vile. Really they are. Everyone is rude especially at the baggage claim. I hate when that stupid alarm goes off and people crowd the little baggage carousel. News flash people! Standing as close as humanly possible to the carousel is not going to make it move faster and make your bag come out. Really it’s ridiculous. I suppose meeting someone at the airport really isn’t ideal for me anyway. I am always doped up on Dramamine and all blotchy in the neck cause I am so nervous to fly. It really isn’t my best look. Although I can see where it might be hard for men to resist the passed out, slack jawed, open mouth nap.
Well that is all for now. This weekend is the delayed company holiday party. We are going to a comedy club called Giggles. Which is what I fully intend to do.
I am going to throw a top ten list on there. Top Ten IPod songs I listen to when flying. For some reason these always pop up on the shuffle and I don’t skip. Really no rhyme or reason. Feel free to add yours!
In no particular order
1. The Decemberists- The Mariners Revenge
2. Kate Wolf –Here in California
3. Van Morrison- Into the Mystic
4. Jason Mraz- You and I Both
5. Rodrigo Y Gabriel- Diablo Rojo
6. Csárdás (monti)- London Orchestra
7. Brandi Carlilie- What can I Say
8. The Decemberists- I was meant for the Stage
9. The Unicorns- I don’t wanna die
10. Emmy Lou Harris- Coat of many colors.
2 comments:
"WHEN WE ARRRIIIIVVVVVVEE, SONS AND DAUGHTERRRRRRS!"
Lovin me some Jackie blog, but what's up with the baby hand? Did I miss something?
Post a Comment