Monday, September 13, 2010

Ostrich Fight!


Ello ello ELLOOOO!!! Wow what a summer it has been. Between wake surfing, Oprah, Brewers, quilting, and Fish Fry's I haven't even had a moment to sit down long enough to enjoy a Neapolitan ice cream sandwich. Remember those?! The summer is winding down my friends and I must say I could not be happier. While I love subjecting my pigment less skin to the blazing Wisconsin sun on a daily basis to get that ever so sought after "just cooked at 500 degrees" glow that so many of you envy I am ready for fall! There is nothing I love more than fall. NOTHING. Not even dancing to Mony Mony while whitening my teeth and flipping through anthropolgie catalogues. Sweatshirts! Chili! Football! Favorite TV show premiers! Apple Cider! Falling Leaves! School Supplies! I could go on for days.

Since you all last heard from me the hot air balloon was cancelled. I have yet to reschedule and to be honest and not very motivated. I need some motivation from my loyal readers. Labor day was the one year anniversary of the second re gifting of those glorious tickets. I spent that day hanging with my brother and then went to see the movie Going the Distance. I don't know why I go against my better judgement and continue to see Drew Barrymore movies. Is there anyone more annoying on the planet then her besides Mariah Carey? Actually, I take that back at least Mariah Carey is talented. Drew Barrymore just makes me never want to buy Cover Girl products ever again. But alas I am sure she will come out with some ridiculous romantic comedy that I will get sucked into and end up watching alone on a Friday night with a bag full of chocolate covered almonds and a vat of diet coke. Actually that sounds heavenly.

So I suppose the point of this blog is to rehash the prior weekend right? It's been so long I can't remember. Well Friday I had a late work night out of town so I got home and promptly passed out to reruns of scrubs. Saturday of COURSE i watched football. My friend Natalie and I went to BW3's to watch the Iowa/Iowa State game since she is an alum. It was great. I ALSO fell into a Wikipedia shame spiral because I HAD to know why Buffalo Wild Wings got the Nickname BW3's. Well apparently it used to be called Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck. Weck is a type of bread they used to serve beef on. Apparently a Beef Weck Sandwhich used to be pretty damn tasty and an I have now put it on my list of things I must try before I turn 30. The game is great I am taking down Caribbean jerk boneless wings like it is going out of style when three of the most Obnoxious Michigan fans saddle up behind us. For two hours they were being rude, loud, and all around jackasses. Pretty standard for Michigan football fans. But they were being particularly rude to a borderline elderly couple who were Notre Dame fans. They seemed to be terrified. By the time we left I gave them the "You better knock it off" mom stair down so many times that I may now need botox. After three sweet tea vodka and Lemonades I was just about to go home and nap when I get a text to go to the brewers game. How can I pass that up! I slam a five hour energy and meet up with my friends Bob, Justin and Justin's Parents. The game was a snoozefest but thankfully Justin's dad was shoving Long Island Iced teas at us. Now I can't be rude and turn away a drink that someones parents bought for me! That is just poor manners. Well it doesn't take a genius to figure out that three long islands will make anyone a little tipsy. When I say a little tipsy I mean bloodshot eyes, giggling and the coordination of a young Bambi. It was magnificent. We then went dancing at Jo Cats. Man I love Jo Cats. Madonna? Check! Phil Collins? Check! Enrique? Check! And then DJ put on a song that I honestly cant remember but Bob and one of the girls in our group had some sort of dance off. I am not kidding when I say it was an Ostrich fight. Long limbs flying everywhere, awkward body wave dance moves, and knobby knees. Justin and I literally fell to the floor in a laughing fit. At that point it was time for me to turn it in. I am walking out of the bar and who do I see but the leader of the annoying Michigan fans from earlier in the day. Since I was about 5 drinks in I decided give him a piece of my mind. After I kindly told him his behavior was dispicable and that he should be ashamed of himself he looked like he might start crying. I hugged him and and said "make good choices." which he said "I promise I will never do that again" Man I am going to be a kick ass mom. It was probably the most beautiful drunk moment in history. Then with a turn of my heel I was out the door feeling as if I did a good deed.


I think we all know what I did yesterday. I tried to stop the sound of my heart beat in my temples and drank Gatorade through a straw for around 9 hours.

Some exciting things coming down the pike........Cousin Jim's wedding, Trip to Denver, and I am gonna try and get to Omaha at some point.

No comments: