
Hello everyone. Happy summer to you all! It has FLOWN by. So far summer has been fun with only a few minor setbacks. The two most notable are the "weight gain" call out I got over the fourth coupled with a botched spray tan. I must say it was a low point. But I bounced back as good as any girl could after being asked if I had "put on a few pounds" with the dagger twisting follow up question "especially in your thighs?" whew that was a doosey. Since then I have only eaten lettuce and ice chips. I am hoping to look emaciated by fall.
I know most of you thought I was going to go on the hot air balloon ride on July 8th. Because I have yet to find a date for what is surely the most built up hot air balloon ride in the entire history of the world, I resorted to asking cousin James to come along. If that isn't pathetic enough he had to cancel last minute because of a soccer game. So my new roommate Philippe was game to go. Well I was all set to go with Philippe and it was canceled because of bad weather. SO now for like the 5th time this trip is going to be rescheduled. WTF. these tickets are cursed. Is this hot air balloon a metaphor for my dating life? High hopes and expectations only to be delayed for unforeseen reasons. Well that is just poppycock! My friend Natalie thinks its fate. That the trip was postponed for a "reason" well at this point i just want to go and try and not puke.
I suppose i could mention June. The month known as Match.com month. You know everyone says "you gotta try match i know someone who is MARRIED" SO i get on there thinking why not give it a shot. I will tell you why. It's pure HELL. Sure there are some nice guys on there but it is actually a lot of hard work. Filtering through the creeps, responding to emails and having to be "on" all the time. Who has the time or energy? Also I LOATHE first dates. I mean they are TERRIBLE. So lets say you get through the first date fairly unscathed. then what? you meet someone you like and then you can see that they are on an open forum still claiming to be single. At what point do you have the conversation of like "should we take our profiles down" its just enough to play with you head. As if dating needed more speed bumps. I hate people who say "dating is fun!" who are you? I will tell you who you are. You are married. You don't remember the million rejections and the awkward hugs goodnight. ick...just ick!
I have been talking with one guy still who I met on there. We will call him Peter Pan. I suppose he is all right. It just doesn't seem to be progressing but we will wait and see. I am not holding my breath though. He isn't very consistent and I can see that I will probably be disappointed in the end yet I continue to keep contact. I guess I am a masochist. Our first date should have been a red flag. I somehow ended up at a complete strangers baby shower. Awkward turtle to say the least. I rolled with it and the date actually ended up being super fun. I will keep you posted on how it turns out.
Well kiddos that is all I have for now. Not that exciting. Once I reschedule a date for the balloon and find someone to go with as always I will let you know.
No comments:
Post a Comment