

Ok ok ok already! After many terrifying threats I am reluctantly obliging and updating the blog. I gotta be honest with you people I just haven't really been in the mood to write on this thing. Mainly because my life is boring. No really it is. It rivals that of a cathy comic strip. In fact I kinda look like her. Just look at the picture......that is my life. A diet soda and a sweat band. I guess it could be worse. I could be that crazy old lady that you always see on greeting cards. I would love to tell you that I have had some funny experiences going on but it just isn't so. Let me walk you through a day in the life of Jackie lately.
5:11 am- both alarms go off and are IMMEDIATELY snoozed. this is the the first of at least 5 snoozes. You would think after a year of waking up this early I would be used to it. Nope. The same thought goes through my head every morning "god I wish I had 4 more hours to sleep in." le sigh. and really this isn't THAT early. I think my dad gets up this early for shits and giggles.
6:05- Finally accept that I have to get up and go to work. I begrudgingly get out of bed and give no one( because I live alone) a death stare.brush my teeth, grab my lunch, and throw on pants. I do my "makeup" in the car while also eating my bowl of cereal. It is an act of god I have not yet gotten in a wreck.
6:30-3:30- at work. I will leave the details out because its boring. Highlight of my job- wearing scrubs all day. Low- cleaning other peoples blood and flesh off instruments. I gag on average 50 times a day.
3:30-somewhere in between 5-7- nap. that's right people there are days where I will take a 4 hour nap.
7-9- eat, sometimes workout, watch some TV, make lunch for the next day and shower. My classes/ activities/ sports teams are in between right now. lets hope spring season starts soon so I don't become totally worthless.
9-30- desperately fight the urge to fall asleep before most 80 yr olds around the country.
What is wrong with me that I sleep SO MUCH. I am convinced something must be wrong. I am doing some research on diet to see if anything helps. Also I am sure I need to exercise more but I am just not motivated AT ALL. Any suggestions? The fact that I am gaining weight really just hasn't done it. I had to go shopping for jeans out of necessity the other day. Literally none of my jeans fit right now. It was depressing to say the least. I almost cried in the dressing room. Thank God the GAP doesn't have consistent sizing. According to them I am the size I was in high school. I am positive that just isn't accurate. Yet I will let that little number on the tag dictate my happiness.
To try and help I signed up for a mini triathlon on April 25th. 500meter swim, followed by a 14 mile bike ride, and then a 3 mile run. I have been slacking on the training SERIOUSLY. Really that isn't that much right?. I feel like right now gun to head I could finish. It wouldn't be pretty but I could finish. I will have to kick it into high gear this month. At least the weather is getting nice. And there you have it. I am talking about the weather making THIS the worlds most boring blog entry.
What is the boy situation. Nothing, NADA, ZIP, ZILCH, ZERO. I am not sure what is worse the fact that I haven't been on a real date in oh 2.5 years or that I have genuinely stopped caring. Hence the lack of motivation.
I will let you all know if I run into prince charming soon. Although I am thinking it might be a solo balloon ride. I guess I have to ask myself this " what would comic strip cathy do?"
On a positive note though.............Sara Gandy a BFF of mine from Purdue is moving to Milwaukee and is recently engaged! A big fat shout out to her and Shawn!!!! CONGRATS!!!
2 comments:
Love the shout out! 'Reunited and it feels so good!!' Get ready Cathy, I'm about to bring a whole new level of fun to America's Dairy Land!
Comic strip cathy would buy her friend Steve a plane ticket to Milwaukee and he could ride in the balloon!
Post a Comment